Technology's amazing. Earlier this season I was on the phone, I typed stuff into the computer, I whipped out a credit card. It's just amazing that less than 24 hrs ago I was in SF. N drops me off at the airport, I get into a great big metal tube. It rumbles, my ears pop, I see SF from the sky, and 4 movies and 3 meals later, now I'm here in balmy (a little sticky) Bangkok. Just like that.
My sister's friend J's lovely apt. not far from the US Embassy. Got in at 1:45. Woke up at 6:30. Am trying to stay exposed to sunlight and get over jetlag asap. J's out of town on business, so it's just me and the iMac, a nice big ol' flat screen TV, and a lack of milk in this apt.
Trying to think: THB33 to $1. So that means...
THB 1000 bill is $30.
Think of the THB1000 bill as a 30 dollar bill.
THB500 = $15 bill
Last night's taxi- think I got ripped off: THB 750 = $22. I think it was half that this past summer. Oh well. Got me there in one piece.
Today: go out to the mkt (am craving dairy), wait for Vicky of NxNE, our travel agent, to have delivered a train ticket around 1300.
Okay- thanks for reading this mundane post. Am trying to figure out the best way to do this.
Downloading an episode of Heroes on iTunes :-)
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment